Contract nr. 190 / Cp I / 09.08.2008
Contractor: Universitatea “Stefan cel Mare” Suceava
Denumirea Proiectului: Modernizarea laboratorului pentru cercetari in ingineria comunicatiilor si retele de calculatoare
The implementation of COMMENG project enabled the endowment with modern technology and performance equipment of a university laboratory dedicated to communication and computer networks research. Investments made it possible to increase the capacity of C-D but also to stimulate innovation, increase the quality and diversification of innovative services and creating conditions for technology transfer.
As a result the project has acquired a set of advanced equipment in these categories: network analyzers, protocol analyzers, network simulators, data cable and antenna analyzers, signal analyzers, spectral analyzers, communication cell analyzers, instruments for measuring the RF power. They allow measurements and complex determinations in extended frequency bands, possible main determinations are the following:
- Visualization and detailed analysis of the frequency spectrum (spectral analysis) till 20 GHz
- The generation of modulated analog signals till 20 GHz
- Generating vector modulated signals with frequencies up to 3 GHz
- The measurement of RF power levels up to 18 GHz
- RF antenna analysis
- Network analysis
- Protocol analysis
- Data cable analysis, copper and optical fiber
- Ethernet network emulation
The mennsioned possible activities are novel to the University of Suceava and many of them are new to romanian research in terms of the possibilities offered by scientific investigation.
Facilities for scientific investigation and research in leading areas have become possible following the implementation of the project and the purchase of equipment that allow the deepening of existing research directions and addressing new ones, mainly oriented towrds:
optimizing the QoS parameters in data networks
- Development of studies and research on new network architectures under development FlatIP gender, Cloud Computing, Cyber Infrastructure
By concentrating the research potential of ICT in a laboratory dedicated to create optimal working conditions and exploitation of results and by providing logistical performance envisaged became possible following achievements:
- To create optimal conditions for carrying out high level research and stimulating the creative potential of the teaching staff with interests in communications and computer networks,
- The possibility of attracting the students performing research activities at Masters and PhD studies and create conditions for postdoctoral research,
Implemented project has contributed to such objectives:
- Research previously conducted the project relied on equipment that were used in teaching, some of them obsolete or inadequate physical and quantitative waste, providing guaranteed performance features for better research conditions in a top field,
- Activities and collaborations that became technically possible in the deck due to investments made may result in loss development disparities in the NE region compared to other regions of the country by creating conditions for research and innovation and technological transfer of results.
The project was started in October
2008 for an initial period of nine months, subsequently extended until
September 2010 addenda. The amount allocated under the project were used
1,235,353.49, resulting in utilization of 99.825%.